Sunday 1 April 2012

Sports

Sport.  For me, the only way to keep my butt in shape.  If I don't plan at least one Triathlon over the summer to race in I WON"T get out of bed in the middle of the winter to go to the gym! I recently went to see my niece play hockey.  She was in the "Championship" for her house league team.  Not Rep... House League.  The BEST part about this is the comment from the coach after the end of the game (they did win).  He said " they kept saying how much fun they were having, and I had to keep reminding them yes, it's fun but we do want to try to win the game too" :)  How awesome is that! True LOVE of the sport! It was a really nice "throw back" for me. Remembering the days of going to the rink for both of my kids. I think we lived there for many years! Made lots of great friends along the way!

Here is a great quote that I think can sometimes be lost in sports.... "My responsibility is getting all my players playing for the name on the front of the jersey, not the one on the back." Team sports develop such wonderful traits in our kids! They learn so much, the joy of winning and that you really can't "win them all". Teaching our kids to be "good losers" is just as important.


That being said, here is a really great Mickey Mantle quote "During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball."
~Mickey Mantle~

Funny, no one is perfect, but doing your best at every game you will always make yourself happy.

Here is my favourite photo of the week, the moment the game is won and the gloves are being thrown in the air!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment