Sunday 5 February 2012

Self-Induced Concussions-Week 5

Concussions have been in the media an awful lot lately especially considering Sidney Crosby is out with one.  All of the best athletes usually get one at some point in their career.  :) 

I would like to start my Blog this week with a little bit of bragging....  I do consider myself athletic, I have been called, a "Natural Athlete".  I do enjoy almost every sport out there! 

On the other hand for some odd reason I am also one of the MOST uncoordinated people you will meet, when not playing a sport!

That being said, here is my story this week.

I have given myself a concussion... 

as I lay on my driver's seat actually seeing stars....  Yes, I whacked my head when I was just reaching into my car to start it on a cold winter day so it would be warm when I left.

Yes, I heard a tremendous "CRACK" just before I fell onto the front seat...  and YES... I saw stars... all kinds of them large and small..... and now have a Fred Flinstone sized goose egg on the front of my head!!!  Thank GOODNESS I have long hair!!! Oh, and yes I am laughing at myself again as I write this!!

So needless to say the last 24 hrs I have had THE WORST HEADACHE in my ENTIRE LIFE!!!
As I lay in bed feeling nauseas, seeing brightish spots in front of my eyes and listening to my heart pound and pulse in my ears I had a thought....  hmmmmm......  maybe I should go to the hospital.....  then thought.... well if I don't wake up in a couple hours hopefully someone will find me.  Funny how you can reason yourself out of a hospital trip!!

Now, to be honest I do not believe that it is severe...  definitely a concussion.  I read today all about them! My symptoms are certainly much better as I lay in bed here and type this. So, ALREADY on the mend!!! As long as I sit fairly still and/or tiptoe around (my feet hitting the ground in a regular step hurts my head)  I AM GOOD!! :D

So to end this on a good note and one to show my "athletic ability" and something "lighter"  here are my favourite photos of the week! Yes, you are getting two :)




And one more for Fun!!!  I found one of those "googley" eyeballs they use for crafting on the ground,... of course there is only ONE place for that to belong!!!!



Enjoy your week folks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment