Thursday 5 January 2012

Gratitude

As is with most people at the beginning of a New Year we like to think of many things about our lives and how we would like to change ourselves to become better people.  I have a journal that I started back in 2004 writing odd quotes and whatnot that I liked so that when I am gone my kids will have something to look back at to see what kind of a person I was.  Not just the memories, that they can remember. :)

I want to share my list with you:

1.  Be aware of what is important.  How we meet, greet and live each day is our choosing. CHOOSE to be a happy person.

2.  Live every moment.  Find the freedom and peace in yourself. Don't get caught up in every day life.  The World is a beautiful place and it would be sad to miss that!

3.  It's not what life should be, it's the small things that make us better people. Always, always, treat people with kindness and caring.

4.  Always try to have a positive outlook and be nice to everyone. Again, the more "good" you put out into the world the better off the world will be.  It really can start with you.  Imagine if we all just cared a little more to try.

5.  Just being alive, overcoming obstacles and learning life's lessons are a blessing in itself.

6.  We are all connected and everthing happens for a reason. Good AND bad.

I hope that I have instilled these values into my children as they've grown.  I do believe they are and will be amazing adults. 

So, that being said,  what am I grateful for....  just being here, alive, sitting at my computer typing these words to you and hoping someone will get something out of what I've said. I am grateful to have met my husband at such a young age and we can learn life's lessons together.  I am grateful for my kids, I know when they go out into the world they will do well.  They are fabulous, interesting people!

Time truly does fly by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment