Sunday 17 June 2012

Father's Day

So it is my first Father's Day without my Dad.  It has started to be a year of "firsts". First Christmas, first birthday, and now Father's Day.  For those of you who do not know, my Dad passed away Sept. 27th. I had my Mom and my sister sleep over last night, hoping it would help keep my Mom busy so it would make the day easier for her. I hope it did.  That being said, we went to a trail near my house to take some photos. Nothing better to keep yourself from being sad then getting yourself busy!

I think my point to this post is most importantly, life changes, life changes very fast.  I feel so very lucky that I have some really great family photos to keep the memories of good times and precious family moments close to my heart.  Make sure you get your photos! You really will cherish them once you are unable to have them.

Here are a couple of my favourites from today!



3 comments:

  1. I love how my sister and I have the same face! Must be genetic!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Francie! I am sure that is what your Dad would have wanted, to know you were together and looking after your Mom and each other. It is so nice you celebrate his life through your beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jen! I am sure it would have made him happy to see we are taking care of my Mom. She's had a pretty tough year so far. That's what family is all about! :)

      Delete